After attending my cookie class and saw how easy it was to make cookies, I searched for recipes online to experiment on. Initially, I was planning on recreating my cousin’s white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies but ended up with a chocolate chip cookie due to the cost of macadamia nuts.
I have baked this cookie several times with different results each time. The only thing that is consistent is the soft and chewy texture in the middle and the slightly crunchy texture in the edges. It’s one of the most requested items by my friends during parties.
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie
Ingredients: (yield 24 medium-sized cookies)
- 2/3 cup butter (151g)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cup all purposed flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 6 ounces chocolate chip (I just pour whatever amount I want)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F or 175C
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs then stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually stir into the creamed mixture the flour mixture. Preferably in two parts.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 mins in oven or until golden brown.