I love quotes about anything. It sometimes gives us a nudge in the right direction while sometimes it reminds us of what we should be doing. Here are some quote about money and finance that I’ve scoured over the internet that you might be interested.
- Ayn Rand “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” If you don’t know what to do with what little God blesses you, how will He bless you with more?
- Jim Rohn “Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.” When I started working I never yearn to be a C-level executive. Not because I don’t want to be rich but more because I want to have a work-life balance. What would you do with all the money when you can’t spend it nor give time to your family.
- Henry David Thoreau “That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest.” Living a simple life and enjoying life’s little pleasure is what makes people rich. As they say, money can’t buy happiness.
- P.T. Barnum “Money is good for nothing unless you know the value of it by experience.” At the height of new millionaires in China, I saw previously low income people coming into money that they want to experience and have what other people have. However, even with all the money and things they have, they do not know how to be someone with money. Some of them that when they buy the things they thought they need, they get bored and sometimes gamble the money they have. It’s like a get rich quick scheme that people don’t know what to do when they have the money in their hands.
- Seneca “It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor.” We always crave for more and compare ourselves to others. That even though we sometimes don’t need it, we buy it because others have it. As we buy more things we don’t need, we incur debt or cannot save anything at all.
- Benjamin Franklin “Rather go to bed without dinner than to rise in debt.” I don’t like debt and debt will give you hard time sleeping. I’d rather buy something when I have the money already even if there is a 0% interest promotion.
- Warren Buffet “Risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing.” Not knowing what you’re investing in is like gambling and hoping for the best. I’m sometimes like that but I don’t go all in as I don’t want to lose it all.
- Robert Kiyosaki “Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow.” Today is more important than tomorrow. Tomorrow hasn’t happened yet so we do not have any control of it. Today is happening now and what you do today will have an impact on your tomorrow.
- William A. Ward “Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give.” This is so true and maybe I should write it down on a sticky note and put it in front of me to remind me what life is.
- Thomas Jefferson “Never spend your money before you have earned it.” This is just like the saying never count your eggs until it hatch. A lot of people have a tendency to dream what they would like to buy even before they got their paycheck and when they receive it, it’s gone before they blink checking off the list.
That’s it! I hope you like the quotes and my side blurb on them!