I’ve read a lot of blogs about the movie Julie & Julia and how it inspired them to have a personal challenge in their life (mostly cooking). After watching the movie again, my husband suggested that I do a similar type of challenge. From my previous post about WOOP, I was thinking of doing small stuff to improve myself.
Just like Julie, I tend to start things and not completing it. I also lack the motivation to do something and just lie around with my gadgets spending hours and hours with it. My accountability partner (husband) doesn’t have the same goals as I have which means I’m doing something by myself with a little cheering from him. I remember when I was in high school, I was challenged to be better when there are other people to compete with.
Do you think I can complete some of my Personal Challenges? Here are some of them:
- Log all food I’ve eaten to calculate my calories (I’m on day 112)
- Go up and down at least 10 flights of stairs per day (I’m on day 3)
- Do strength training twice a week. (I’m on week 2)
- Eat salad one meal per week (I’m on week 2)
- Cooking / Baking
- Test a recipe each week
- Bake bread or cookie or cake from tried and tested recipe each week
- Blog / Instagram
- Write a blog post and post on instagram every 3 days.
- Improve my blog (add photos, advertisement, write efficiently)
- Maximize blog theme
- Increase blog traffic by 1,000 views a day before the end of the year.
- Take photos of receipt every week.
- Send a balikbayan box to the Philippines at least 8x this year. (Last year was 6).
- Increase my stock investment income to $500 this year.
- Complete my online accounting class (January – April)
- Take and complete the income tax course this fall (August – October)
Hmm.. I think I overdid it. I would like to at least challenge myself with some on each type. I need to jot it all down and create a routine. I really need to lessen my gadget hours. Here’s to the challenge! I will keep you updated each month and make you guys my accountability partners. Oh yeah.. I’m 4 months seizure free as of yesterday!