This month, the travel bug has bitten me. We had 3 trips in one month (Washington DC, Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA). You might have noticed a lot of travel posts this month and that’s the reason. This update is a scheduled post as we’re in Savannah, GA as it’s posted on the blog. So what happened and did I miss anything?
- Lose It App / Logging food: still going strong. There are days where I forgot to log it but I make it up the next day. I’m just happy that I’m having breakfast every day. Not because it’s the most important meal of the day but it’s one of our KPIs in our ESMM class. Also, it’s not healthy to miss meals.
- 10 flights of stairs a day: I missed days when we are traveling or the day after our second dose of COVID vaccine. I’m just glad that other than those days, I look forward completing them.
- Average of 10,000 steps a day: I’m trying to get back to this habit which I was consistently doing from July 4 to Sep 26 of last year. I still haven’t gotten my steps up since my surgery last year. I also don’t know how my apple watch record my steps. It was easier to do it with Fitbit. I’m hoping I can get my 2 mile walk at least once a week. Recommended moderate exercise is 150 minutes a week or roughly 22 minutes a day.
- Strength training: My fear has been realized, I’m losing interest in my strength training even if I added some sets to my routine.
- Plank for 2 mins: I missed planking when we were traveling. I can now do 35 seconds straight planking.
- COVID-19 vaccine: I had my 2nd dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine on April 6. The side effects was the same as the 1st dose. I had a mild fever, body aches and fatigue the day after the shot.
- Eating vegetables: I’m still behind on this one. I’m hoping I can incorporate more vegetables in our meal. I’ve resorted to frozen vegetables as the fresh ones usually rots in our fridge.
- Blog post every 3 days: I wasn’t able to complete it in March. While traveling, I wasn’t able to post as well. I had some scheduled posts done in the first week of April but in the middle of the month was difficult to schedule. I’m planning I will have at least one quote, one review, one recipe and one personal challenge update each month.
- Instagram post every 3 days: starting April 8, I was able to post in IG every 3 days. There was a point at that time where I was looking at my IG everyday and was checking if it has been 3 days already. That was the easist thing to do while I was trying to finish my Accounting class.
- Increase blog traffic to 1,000 visitors a day by year end: I missed a lot of posts this month and I still haven’t caught up with it. It was painful to see my visitor numbers went down from 156 to 72.
- ReceiptHog and Fetch Rewards: I missed one week on ReceiptHog. I haven’t redeemed anything yet for ReceiptHog or Fetch Rewards. My coins in ReceiptHog increased from 4,201 to 4,248. For Fetch Rewards, my points increased from 13,485 to 14,030. Do use my referral code as it will help both of us with points. For ReceiptHog, my referral code is jut33746. For Fetch Rewards, my referral code is JBJQ1.
- Balikbayan Box: Box #3 was sent out this month. Box #4 is slowly being filled. It’s a bummer though that there’s port congestion in the Philippines and that boxes are taking longer than usual for my friend to receive it. Box #1 has yet to be received.
- Stock Market Income: My dividend income this month is $2.37.
- Budget Tracker: For March, we’re in the green as my husband received his side hustle for Jan and Feb. For April, I’m hoping that his side hustle income for March will come in. If not, I feel like we’ll be in the red. We had a lot of travel and it took a toll on our budget.
- Accounting Specialist Course: Our class ended April 29. I’m not sure if I like online classes. It doesn’t make me accountable to complete everything. I finished all chapters of my Excel and Accounting Basics book, but I didnt even open my Quickbooks book. In any case, I will continue to practice what I’ve learned in the book. I’m just glad that I learned something from it.
- Payroll Specialist Course: I’m going to attend the summer class as the Fall class is not yet assured. Class starts May 12.
- Income Tax Course: Still in the back burner as no schedule yet.
- Eat Smart, Move More Class: We had two classes this month. My weight is in the low 130s. My goal is to get it down to 120 lbs. Moreover, I’m hoping to lower my A1C and get out of the pre-diabetes range.
That’s it! Take care everyone and stay safe!